This very fresh-tasting and vibrant-green tea is a skillful blend of:
- high quality 1st Spring Pluck leaf from the Ichibancha (May, June) Tea Harvesting Period
- blended with genmai (toasted rice)
- and a generous addition of Matcha (powdered Japanese green tea)
For those who are curious about Matcha but have not tried it, this is the perfect way to become familiar with its earthy and full taste.
In this delicious blend:
- the Sencha provides the base green tea taste and the structure of the tea
- the toasted rice adds body, smoothness, warmth and a toasty flavor
- the Matcha adds a powdery green dusting that contributes a dimension of fresh, vibrant flavor and a vivid, soft, moss green color
For those who are intrigued with drinking Matcha but are perhaps not yet ready to purchase the tea tools needed to produce a great cup of Matcha, this tea is a delicious green tea in its own right and is also a good way to become familiar with the delightful taste of Matcha. This tea can be enjoyed hot or iced for a refreshing summer beverage.