Need a Speaker?
About Us > Need a Speaker
Tea Trekker co-owners and award-nominated authors Mary Lou and Bob Heiss are acknowledged specialists in the world of premium tea. They will spark up your next corporate meeting, annual conference, business retreat or other gathering with an engaging and dynamic presentation on tea that combines history, tea culture, tea tasting, travel and discovery.
If you are looking for a presentation about a lively and timely topic, let us work with you to design a tea and tea culture presentation custom-tailored to suit your group's interest and size.
The following is a partial list of distinguished groups that we have worked with:
- International Association of Culinary Professionals ( IACP ) annual conference workshop & seminars:
2002: Green Tea: Appreciation and Perspective from the West
2008: Culture in a Teacup
2009: Fire Up Your Gaiwans: There's Oolong Tea To Be Tasted
- James Beard Foundation Conference:
2008: Dumplings & Dynasties - The Evolution of Modern Chinese Cuisine
- National Association for the Specialty Food Trade ( NASFT) Fancy Food Show Educational Seminars
2009: A Tea Tasting Primer, (San Francisco and NYC)
Adult Classes, Annual Meetings, and Groups:
- Albertson’s Cooking School, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Boston University Seminars in Food, Wine and the Arts
- Culinary Historians of Boston
- Disney Magazine, Northampton MA
- Fitchburg Art Museum, Fitchburg, MA
- Forbes Library, Northampton MA
- Head Start, Westfield, MA
- Historic Deerfield, Deerfield, MA
- Hitchcock Center, Amherst, MA
- Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA
- Jacob Edwards Library, Southbridge, MA
- Jones Library, Amherst, MA
- University of Massachusetts Amherst : Asian Arts and Culture Dept.
- Williams-Sonoma, South Windsor, CT
- Wooller and Stern Financial Services, Amherst, MA
Please contact us to discuss our speakers fees, which vary for one of us versus both of us; travel time; the length of the presentation; optional tea tastings versus presentations without a tea tasting, etc.