Orders, Payments & Returns
Our Promise to You
We appreciate your business and want your experience purchasing tea from us to be a very positive one. We are proud of our tea, our service and our committment to 'doing things right'. We call this the 'Tea Trekker difference' and these are a few of what we feel is important for customers to know:
- We guarantee that our tea is authentic and from the source of origin that we say it is
- We have visited many of the tea gardens, tea factories and tea regions where we source our tea. It is important for us to know about the environment of our tea, how it is produced and the details both large and small that make our teas so special
- We guarantee that our tea is fresh, from the year and season as stated, and in sound condition
- We fill each order that we receive when we receive it, in the quantity the customer requests, each time, every time. Including orders for sample sizes.
We want you to be happy with your order. If you have a question about something you received, please let us know within 5 days of the receipt of your package so that we may work with you to resolve the situation.
For US originated orders we accept these major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and also payment through PayPal.
For International orders we accept Paypal only.
Paypal is better able to handle international addresses and money transfer. Once you register with PayPal, you have options for shipping addresses that credit cards do not offer.
In fact, PayPal is an easy, convenient, and secure way for anyone who freqently shops on-line to pay for orders.
Ordering from Tea Trekker's secure website is both safe and easy. Our secure cart does not retain your credit card information nor do we ever see your credit card number when you place an order with us. We never sell, rent, or otherwise trade our customers' names or e-mail addresses.
Gift Orders & Online Gift Certificates:
TeaTrekker.com welcomes orders of tea and teawares as gifts for the tea lovers in your life. We enjoy the opportunity to help our clients select the products that will be appropriate for your needs. All gift orders must be placed separately as individual orders. If you would like to have us include a gift card with a message, please put that message in the appropriate field during checkout.
Unfortunately teatrekker.com does not offer Gift Certificates for on-line use at this time.
For taxable items shipped within Massachusetts (non-food items such as pottery, teapots,etc) we must collect 6.25% state sales tax.
Tea is considered a grocery item and is not taxed (thanks to the Boston Tea Party protest on December 16, 1773).
Purchase of a sale item (whether tea or tea wares ) is a FINAL sale.
Items on sale are: No Return, No Exchange, No Refund, No Exception.
In Stock/ Out of Stock Items:
We make every attempt to have the items on this website in stock at all times. Due to the popularity of some seasonal teas, an item can sell out before we are able to update the website listing. If we are short a small portion of your order, we will ship what we can.
We Do Not Back Order
Because we cannot always be assured of when tea (or teawares from China or Japan will arrive), if we are unable to fill your order at all (or if the majority of your items are out-of-stock) we will contact you for direction.
We want you to be happy with your order. If you have a question about something you received or if something is not right,
please let us know within 5 days of the receipt of your order so that we may work with you to resolve the situation.
If a mistake was made by you when the order was placed, we will do our utmost to accommodate your requested correction,
but we cannot refund the costs of shipping your package to you and the item must be returned to us at your expense.
If the mistake was ours, we will correct the problem and refund the shipping charges.
Please telephone us with any concerns or questions that you might have so that we may speak with you personally.
Regretfully, we cannot take returns on tea that one simply does not like. We understand that not every tea drinker is going to like every tea.
While it may seem easy to simply return a bag of tea that one does not like, a returned bag of tea becomes a throw-it-away item for us because we cannot re-sell it.
So, because of this, we ask that customers order small quantities of tea that they are unfamiliar with before placing an order for a large quantity.
Similarly, Hei cha (Hei cha bricks, Pu-erh beeng cha and tuo cha other compressed teas ) are not returnable / exchangeable for any reason.
Please inform us right away if you would like to return an item. If, despite our best efforts to photograph and describe a certain teapot, cup or other tea preparation item, the item is simply just not right, you may return the item to us with the following conditions:
- The item and any separate parts must be in perfect, unused condition and carefully re-wrapped in the original packing
- All original boxes, outer wrapping, tags, stickers, etc. must be present and in the same condition that they were when received
We cannot take returns of items that no longer have their original boxes or that have soiled or damaged boxes
- If your teawares was shipped with Free Freight, a 10% re-stocking fee of the retail price of the item will be deducted from the credit to cover both the credit card sale charges, the credit card credit for the return, the website re-listing, etc.
- The customer is responsible for paying the return shipping via USPS Priority Mail (with sufficient insurance) to Tea Trekker
- Special order items and discounted /sale items are not returnable or exchangeable
Credit Card Processing Information:
You can shop at teatrekker.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers. We also work with PayPal for payment of goods.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
TeaTrekker.com is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
Questions? Please send us an email.